2.1.8 - 2014-04-29
- NP-1272: If installing more than one nestedRef components, a second one no longer overwrites a already installed component with the same component reference and different name.
2.1.7 - 2014-03-27
- NP-1263: The "Show job that created this instance"-Button now always display the same and correct job.
- NP-1265: Resolved performance problems on "Component instance detail view" page, caused by long running database selects.
2.1.6 - 2014-02-12
- NP-1254: Fixed LazyInitializationException which occured if inherited methods were called in the CLI, i.e. "component-instance execute" and "component-instance uninstall".
2.1.5 - 2014-02-04
- NP-1247: UndeployResource no longer deletes the file on the target host during simulation.
2.1.4 - 2014-02-03
- NP-1245: Connecting to SSH agents failed if the reconnect occurred while the agent was shutting down due to inactivity.
2.1.3 - 2014-01-27
- NP-1239: Reconnecting to SSH agents failed if the server used a cached ssh connection of an agent which started to shut down in the last 10 seconds (due to inactivity).
2.1.2 - 2014-01-09
- NP-1127: In rare cases the simulation failed with "Unknown entity: info.novatec.np.server.model.instance.PhysicalHost_$$_javassist_71".
- NP-1170: Sporadically, the failed to display links to plans and components.
- NP-1201: Reconnecting to SSH agents failed if the server didn't clean up unused SSH sessions correctly (reported as ConcurrentModificationException in log file).
2.1.1 - 2013-11-18
- NP-1129: Components containing install variables could be installed but calling methods or uninstalls on these instances lead to the error "Duplicate context variable within context".
- NP-1133: Instances were not removed during uninstallation if the instances where referenced using the toplevelRef instance targeter inside an uninstall statement.
- NP-1141: Session variable substituted and raw representations are now displayed correctly in step view and tooltip.
- NP-1154: The server failed to connect to SSH Agents because these reported their start-up too early.
2.1.0 - 2013-10-17
automaIT 2.1 is a superset of all previous automaIT releases: any feature or bugfix in previous versions 1.0.x throughis also in 2.1, but 2.1 contains features and bugfixes not present in any earlier release.
This page describes only major changes. For a complete list of changes, filter by fix version 2.1 in the ticketing system.
The release 2.1 is fully upgradable from previous versions of automaIT, but please consider the changes marked with a warning before upgrading: .
- NP-253: The simulation mode checks for possible errors quickly by assuming execution paths per host. This allows finding errors before actually executing jobs which might be long running and will always fail because of these errors. The simulation does not modify any environments. See Simulation Mode documentation for details.
- NP-580: The substitution language supports the resolution of static server information, e.g.
:[sys.serverHttpsUrl]will be resolved to a string like :8443/np-server". See documentation for details.
- NP-583: The element
switchprovides means for controlling execution flow by switch-case blocks and an optional default block. During execution the condition is evaluated to decide which path to execute. The optional default block will be executed if no case matches at all.
Multiple cases may be executed if the corresponding regular expression matches; use the attribute
executeMultiple="false"to only execute the first matching case.
The cases support regular expressions which are case-insensitive by default; use the attribute
caseSensitive="true"to enable a case-sensitive regular expression.
- NP-636: The execution parameters are limited by the properties job.parallel.max, job.timeout.max, and job.timeout.native.max. A user-defined value of "0" for execution parameters defaults to their maximum value.
- NP-776: Parameters of method calls are listed in a table of the corresponding details view (e.g. install, call, or uninstall). The Execution parameters are also displayed above the execution steps of the job.
- NP-821: Parsing errors detected while importing or editing model elements include more information about the context, i.e. the expression which could not be parsed, the position at which the parsing error occurred, and in the case of variables and parameters the corresponding name.
- NP-887: If errors occur during execution or plans or component methods then the error messages contain the context in which they occurred, e.g.
- In case of variable resolution errors the related component or host is named.
- In case of component targeter errors the parameters used to search for the component are named.
- If an error occurs during the evaluation of substitutions within an
execNativestatement then already evaluated substitutions are shown. The evaluation takes place in the order: command, arguments, and then the other attributes.
- If an error occurs during the evaluation of chained operators then those operators which could be evaluated successfully are shown.
- NP-923: Model extensions support the re-use of frequently used code snippets. These model extensions are called by their defined name and shorten the code of plans and components. By default automaIT is delivered without any predefined model extensions. See Model Extensions documentation for details.
- NP-940: The maintenance view shows various server statistics (number of physical hosts, virtual hosts, plug-ins, components, plans, activated users, and jobs), the server start time, and the database connection info.
- NP-944: The substitution language supports the resolution of instance's identifier, i.e.
:[sys.id]will be resolved to a string like "/automaIT/instance". See Substitution Language documentation for details.
- NP-950: Component variables declared as install variables (
modifier="INSTALL") allow that the value is assigned during the installation of the component. The installation will fail if there are install variables which don't have values assigned to them.
The value may be set using one of the elements
- NP-989, NP-1087: The expected encoding of stdout and stderr of a process execution can be specified using the new attribute
execNativeelement. Decoding errors may occur if the encoding is not set correctly.
In this case the user can change the character set used to decode the binary data in the details dialog of the execNative. However, this setting is not persisted.
- NP-1085: The dashboard of automaIT provides an overview of components, plans, component instances, and hosts. It may be configured individually by replacing the default start page with a customized page. See Dashboard documentation for details.
- All pop-up dialogues can be closed by pressing the escape key (ESC).
- NP-1042: The cancellation of native processes on windows agents now cancels all sub processes by using a configurable kill command. The default configured kill command is "taskkill.exe" (see property program.process.kill.cmd).
- NP-407: Component methods and uninstallations can be called by CLI, see
cli.py component-instance --help.
- NP-636: The following server properties have been renamed:
job.default.max.parallel → job.parallel.default
job.default.timeout → job.timeout.default
job.default.timeout.native → job.timeout.native.default
NP-768: The root element of plans has been renamed from
planand the subelement
simpleStepshas been merged with
Additionally, the attribute
exactof the elements
matcheshas been renamed to
Existing models must not be changed manually because automaIT takes care of the model transformation for all previous model versions.
- NP-1078: It is now possible to save credentials with the password-save option of the browser.
- NP-820: In rare cases the cancellation of jobs led to random runtime exceptions, e.g. "Could not access envelope: Couldn't get a SAX parser while constructing a envelope".
- NP-1084: In rare cases in which the hashcodes of two expressions are identical, e.g. "
#" and "
}", both expressions were evaluated as the same resulting string, e.g. "# ", which caused wrong lines in deployed config resources.
- Switching between component versions on the component details view did not update the component's modifier value, its parent component, and the resource type.
Due to changes in the agent all existing hosts will be put into the state "uninitialized". The remote agent will be updated during the next host initialization via UI or CLI. See Automatic Agent Update for details.
2.1.2 - not released yet
NP-1127: In rare cases the simulation failed with "Unknown entity: info.novatec.np.server.model.instance.PhysicalHost_$$_javassist_71".