2.2.1 - 2014-??-??
- NP-1286: Adapted automatically generated name from "Copy of OldVarSetName" to "OldVarSetName-copy" if copying a variable set, because whitespaces are not allowed in variable set names.
- NP-1294: Fixed an issue that instance variables has not been displayed in component instance details dialog.
- NP-1295: Fixed LazyInitializationException which occures while undeployRessource.
- NP-1293: Fixed IllegalArgumentException occured on updating install variables.
- NP-1283: Fixed NullPointerException occured in support mode while replaying a job that contains a ProcessStep without a return value.
- NP-1297: Fixed number of allowed parameters in abstract components.
- NP-1302: Fixed DuplicateKeyException which occurs while installing a component during update of a ComponentInstanceVariableSet.
- NP-1287: Fixed LazyInitializationException which occured when displaying component instance details if the log level for "org.springframework" is set to DEBUG.
- NP-1307: Groups of external (LDAP) users will now be mapped correctly to internal groups. This solved problems with allow/deny access to per "Access Management" configured business objects.
2.2.0 - 2014-07-01
automaIT 2.2 is a superset of all previous automaIT releases: any feature or bugfix in previous versions 1.0.x throughis also in 2.2, but 2.2 contains features and bugfixes not present in any earlier release.
This page describes only major changes. For a complete list of changes, filter by fix version 2.2 in the ticketing system.
The release 2.2 is fully upgradable from previous versions of automaIT, but please consider the changes marked with a warning before upgrading: .
- NP-561: Physical hosts can be deleted recursively including all child virtual hosts, component instances, and component instance dependencies. This allows the deletion of (unused) hosts without executing any uninstallation code.
However, component instances cannot be deleted if there are dependencies or nested references from component instances which are not installed on one of the hosts currently being deleted.
- NP-254: Plug-ins can be deleted completely including all plug-in owned plans, components, folders, host sets, host searches, host types, and all associated elements. The plug-ins cannot be deleted if there are component instances or the plug-in owned elements are referenced from outside the plug-in.
- NP-1072, NP-1183: "Job Replay" provides a mechanism to replay a previously executed job or subjob. All selected and configured values of the last execution will be restored and displayed in the appropriate execution dialogue. Passwords cannot be restored correctly and will therefore be restored with an empty string. A warning message is displayed if replaying a job with at least one password parameter.
- NP-1155: The element
createDependencysupports the attribute
HARD: Component instances ("dependees") which are referenced by hard dependencies cannot be overwritten by subsequent installations (Default and previous behaviour).
SOFT: Component instances ("dependees") which are referenced by soft dependencies may be overwritten by subsequent installations.
- NP-987: The assignment of variables' values is protocolled for the following elements:
assign(standalone and embedded in call and extension statements), and
assignStatus). The maximal length displayed in the protocol may be configured using the property ui.variable.output.max.size.
- NP-916: Physical hosts can be created and initialized using the element
createPhysicalHost.The host name and its connection parameters must be specified. Description, host function, host type, and host type variables are optional.
- NP-918: Virtual hosts can be created using the element
createVirtualHost. The host name and its parent must be specified. Description, host type and host type variables are optional.
- NP-1226: Physical and virtual hosts can be deleted using the element
- NP-1069: Components support multiple resources which are identified by name, e.g.
<deployResource><resource name="myResourceName"/></deployResource>. Existing resources are migrated with the name "default". All resources of a component can be referenced using the element
sys.rsrcInstallPathis no longer supported.
- NP-1145: Resources can be downloaded in the web UI of component details. Directories are provided as a zip archive.
- NP-1241: Multiple automaIT instances can be distinguished by setting the property ui.application.name individually for each instance. The application name is shown in the browser's title and in the maintenance view.
Before installing this version of automaIT, you should check whether the "plpgsql" language is defined in your PostgreSQL database. The "plpgsql" language is used to create db triggers.
To check whether the required language is already defined, execute the following statement on your db: "select count(*) from pg_language where lanname = 'plpgsql';". If the result of the select is equals to one, everything is fine.
If not, you must check whether the language is already supported by your db. This can be done with: "select count(*) from pg_pltemplate where tmplname = 'plpgsql';". If the result of the select is equals to one, your db support the language and can be defined with: "create language plpgsql;". After this the count select on 'pg_language' table should deliver a value equals to one.
- NP-972, NP-1023: The component instances are preselected on method execution and uninstall.
- NP-1148: Variable sets exported by older automaIT versions are now automatically transformed to the current data namespace during import.
- NP-1172, NP-1174: automaIT server may now be started in stand-alone mode (without PostgreSQL and Tomcat) for easier testing in demo environments. Stand-alone automaIT server can now be initialized based on so-called "scenario"-files for demo environments.
- NP-1258 : CLI versions can be printed using the
versioncommand. See CLI Manual (CLI versions) for further information.
- NP-1285: Plans and components without a description no longer cause the CLI to crash when showing their details.
- Internet Explorer version 9 or higher is required for the web interface. Internet Explorer 8 is no longer supported. See System Requirements for details.
- NP-1133: It is no longer possible to use the containerComponent instance targeter inside an uninstall.
- NP-808: The step "block" of try-catch statements is no longer contained in the protocol to make it easier to read.
- NP-1035: Various buttons in the user interface now have a default action, e.g. The creation of hosts defaults to "physical" but virtual hosts can still be created by expanding the split button.
- The role ROLE_HOST_ADMIN includes the permissions to initialize hosts.
- NP-908: The default values of job.threads.max and job.parallel.max have been decreased.
Please manually increase the value
maxActiveof the PostgreSQL resource to "75" in the
context.xmlfile, see Server Installation.
- NP-991: The APIs used internally by automaIT have been updated.
Please replace the following files of existing single instance installations (see Server Installation for details of multiple instance installations).
- NP-939: Variables which are declared using the
varstatement no longer require a surrounding
varListelement. Parameters which are declared using the
paramstatement no longer require a surrounding
paramListelement. Existing models are transformed automatically.
- NP-1175: The web interface has been redesigned to be consistent, easier to use, and optimized for large environments.
- NP-970: Modified values in variable set create and edit dialogues are highlighted to distinguish them from default values.
- NP-935: Permissions of roles ROLE_MODEL_DEVELOPER, ROLE_MODEL_CONFIGURATOR and ROLE_MODEL_EXECUTOR are configured through Access Control List permissions now as the named roles no longer exist. Existing users, configured to have one of these roles are automatically migrated into Access Control List permissions during server update.
- NP-1044: The shell completion of the CLI evaluates a manually configured
--config-fileparameter: All values are read correctly from the configured file, instead of the default file.
- NP-1006: VarSets are now imported for the currently selected component version instead of the latest version.
NP-1240: Fixed problems in simulation mode. The return value from a install, method call, uninstall, and plan execution will now be processed and assigned correctly.
- NP-1264: The performance of the whole application is improved by optimizing the database access mechanism, e.g. opening links on the dashboard, displaying component instance lists, showing component details, etc.
- NP-1280: Standardized the verification of host names, user names, varset names, and component methods in the UI and CLI. Allow the '@' character in varset names.
- NP-1281: Component install variables may not be assigned by a compVarList.
Due to changes in the agent all existing hosts will be put into the state "uninitialized". The remote agent will be updated during the next host initialization via UI or CLI. See Automatic Agent Update for details.